Clearcover insurance is a new, minimalist approach to insurance policies. Clearcover wants to make the process of getting a car insurance policy easier and more transparent.
What is Clearcover?
Clearcover is a new, online-based insurance provider. By taking a more straightforward approach to insurance coverage and business expenditures, Clearcover can provide its customers with impressive savings. As Finder.com notes, because the company is so new, it will take time for Clearcover to prove that it is a dependable company. Also, the tech-based approach may not be to everyone’s liking. However, if your insurance needs are pretty simple and you don’t mind communicating with your provider online, Clearcover could be an excellent option.
Currently, Clearcover insurance is available in the following states:
According to ValuePenguin, a Clearcover insurance policy is 32 percent cheaper than a policy from other providers.
How To Apply For A Clearcover Insurance Policy
According to Finder.com, if you want to apply for a Clearcover insurance policy, you can take the following steps:
- Visit the Clearcover website and click the “Get a Quote” button. You can also speak to a Clearcover customer advocate by calling 855-243-2221.
- If you’re using the Clearcover website to apply, you’ll need to fill in your personal details, list the drivers you want to add to your policy, and provide your vehicle information.
- Select the level of coverage you want and Clearcover will provide you with a quote.
- If your Clearcover quote is satisfactory, you can provide your payment information to finalize your policy.
Whether you’re using the Clearcover website or talking to a customer advocate over the phone, you can make the process even easier by making sure you have the following information on hand:
- Home address and phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Vehicle make, model, and identification number
- Driving history
- Policy needs
- Payment information
Advantages of a Clearcover Insurance Policy
Finder.com notes that there are several advantages to purchasing a policy with Clearcover. These include:
- Doing business with a tech-savvy company. Clearcover uses artificial intelligence to provide you with the most personalized insurance policy possible to ensure you always get the coverage you need. Customers can manage their policies through the Clearcover mobile app.
- Impressive savings. Thanks to its minimalist business model, Clearcover doesn’t have many costs to pass on to consumers. That means it can provide its customers with impressive savings.
- Minimized overhead. Because Clearcover doesn’t have the overhead costs of a conventional insurance company, it can spend money where it’s needed, such as paying out customer claims.
- Quick and easy claims. When you file a claim using the Clearcover mobile app, you can expect to receive an estimate within hours, and sometimes even minutes, within uploading photos of your vehicle. Some customers have received a payout on their claims within 30 minutes, thanks to the mobile app.
- Rideshare coverage. Clearcover stays current on all of the latest trends and offers up-to-date products, such as rideshare coverage.
Disadvantages of Insuring With Clearcover
While there are advantages to insuring with Clearcover, Finder.com recommends that you consider the following before committing to a policy:
- The mostly online experience. While Clearcover does partner with some local agents, the majority of customers communicate with Clearcover online or over the phone. If you prefer meeting with your agent face to face, Clearcover might not be for you.
- Limited service area. Clearcover only offers coverage in 13 states. If you were to move outside of Clearcover’s coverage area, you would have to find a new insurance provider.
- No bundling. Clearcover only sells car insurance. If you need a homeowners policy or a renters policy, you’ll have to find another provider. That means you’ll have to deal with separate policies, and you can’t take advantage of the bundling discounts that other companies offer.
What Types of Coverage Does Clearcover Offer?
According to ValuePenguin, Clearcover offers the following types of car insurance coverage:
- Property Damage Liability – This covers any damage you cause in an at-fault accident to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- Bodily Injury Liability – If you’re responsible for an at-fault accident, this coverage pays for the other driver’s medical care.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – This coverage protects you if you’re in an accident and the other driver doesn’t have insurance.
- Medical Payments – If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, this coverage pays for medical care regardless of who is at fault. It also covers injuries if you’re biking or walking and you get into an accident with a care.
- Collision Coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if you’re in a collision involving another car or if you have a one-vehicle accident, such as a rollover.
- Comprehensive Coverage – If your car is damaged by vandalism, extreme weather, or falling objects, this coverage pays for the repairs.
What Add-Ons Can Clearcover Customers Purchase?
As Insurify notes, Clearcover customers can include the following add-ons in their car insurance policies:
- Roadside Assistance – This pays for services like towing, gas delivery, battery charging, and any other emergency automotive services you might need while you’re on the road.
- Alternate Transportation – While your car is in the shop, Clearcover will give you $30 a day to pay for alternate transportation. While most insurance companies require you to use a rental car, Clearcover lets you spend your transportation allowance on public transportation or a rideshare service, if that’s what you prefer.
- Ridesharing Endorsement – This extends your personal coverage to include the time you’re working your rideshare shift, up to the point where you pick up a customer.
ValuePenguin notes that, while Clearcover hasn’t been around that long, it does positive reviews from current customers. The company boasts a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation, and it averages a four out of five star rating based on reviews submitted to the BBB website. When Clearcover does receive a less-than-positive review, it responds within two days.
While Clearcover might not be the insurance solution for everyone, if you’re looking for an affordable, hassle-free car insurance policy, it might be right for you. If you live in one of Clearcover’s coverage areas, consider requesting a quote.
Check this out if you need additional information, resources, or guidance on car insurance.
What Does Liability Car Insurance Cover?
Finding the Best Car Insurance With Roadside Assistance
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io